Tim said it better than I could ever hope to...
I'm really proud that our team has launched Pipes tonight. It's still raw with plenty of rough edges... and it'd surprise me if more than a few folks will be able to connect-the-dots and see where this leads (... though Tim's explaining will surely help!) Still, it was time and the concept is "ready enough" to unleash IMHO.
My parents just arrived in the Bay Area, and so tonight I'll focus on them. In the upcoming days, I hope I'll find time to share why I'm so excited about Pipes and proud of the team. In the meantime, go smoke a pipe!
(BTW, I recommend that you check out the "Apartments near Something" pipe for an example of a smokin' pipe.)
The team themselves are the best resources for more info:
- Pasha, who deserves all the credit for both the idea and leading the team,
- Edward, whose passion is matched only by his technical skill,
- Jonathan, the man behind what may be the slickest AJAX application on the web,
- Kevin, who joined recently but completely took the design to a new level in a matter of weeks
- and Daniel, without whom this would be just another great idea that never would have seen the light of day.
And the endeavor was a Caterina Fake production, as all the above are members of her TechDev team.
There were many other supporters and contributors, but I'll avoid the slippery slope of invoking them because I'm mostly clueless.
Jeremy explains it too....